Monday, January 12, 2009

the ants go marching one by one...

well, i kind of feel like im exactly where i was last week. still no job, still no apartment. we did, however, find a really awesome apartment for march april and may, that is located downtown with a great balcony that looks out onto the sea. February though, not so much. And we did have some.. progress (?) with jobs. Jon and I interviewed at a bilingual school, but only got a "well let you know". Tyler interviewed at a timeshare place, and then decided he didn't want to be that timeshare guy and didn't take their offer. Jon's aunt and uncle (Norma and Bob) are in Puerto Vallarta for the next two weeks, so we met them downtown for dinner yesterday and are going to their timeshare for Jon's birthday tomorrow. Its a very nice break in the monotony. Who knew lazing at the beach could be so mundane? I guess its not so much the lazing that gets to me. I have a lot of time people watching, and have found iguanas, whales, crabs, and hermit crabs to watch too. I've also caught up on plenty of reading. But at the end of the day, it was exactly like yesterday, and not a whole lot was done that was worth anything. Jon and I are meeting with the administrator of a non profit organization called "Children of the Dump" on Thursday. Volunteering will be fun, and will add something to my day. For today I think my task will be sweeping. fun.

2 comments:

  1. Children...of the Dump?

    ReplyDelete
  2. uhhh.. you forgot to mention in your post my purchase of a plane ticket. goodbye monotony, hello laura!

    ReplyDelete