Thursday, April 30, 2009

And there is more....

Cataclysmic changes!!! We sold our house in Seattle! A little sad, but then I think about our neighbor and I am no longer as distraught. Also, I got my scholarship for Belize! I decided to go to the earliest session, which begins May 25, meaning I only have a little time left here and I have a feeling it will fly by now. I feel bad having to leave school so early, but the other sessions had a week long gap in them meaning I would have to stay over a month, shortening our travel plans. I still have to break the news to our director. ick. I really am going to miss jose though, when we stopped by pre pig flu, he was just so cute and sweet and funny. Jordan is heading out asap as well. He bought his plane ticket for a week from now. So, instead of having to figure out a place for june, jon will be all alone in our nice apartment for the end of may. He maybe will stay with a family at the church or something to save money. Meanwhile, we are trying to quickly get an outline of our travel plans together, while simultaneously trying to figure out an apartment in Mexico once we return, study for the GRE, and apply to grad schools. whew. I am getting really excited for grad school. I think the professors at the field school will be really good mentors and have some advice for where to go etc. ARCHAEOLOGY! woo. Jon and I found a tianguis (outdoor market with everything from clothes to pirated movies to vegetables) and i found some great archaeology pants. it was really just like going to good will, but i havent been to good will in so long that it was a lot more exciting. ok, im going to work on posting these pictures. 

No comments:

Post a Comment