Monday, May 25, 2009

It was all a dream...



Well, I´m attempting to leave Puerto Vallarta, but it doesn´t want to let me. I had the most incredibly pleasant last week. After an additional cancellation of school allowed me to visit my mom the week before, we finally started up again on Monday. It was awesome seeing the kids again. They were as rambunctious as always, but the knowledge that it was my last week let my patience extend further than usual. When I finally told them Friday was my last day, they were all very sweet, asking me not to go, and giving me tons of hugs. My favorite was Victor, Laura´s super ADD buddy, who came up to me and very sincerely told me that he really was going to miss me a lot, but that he hoped i had a very good trip. Kids, for all the trouble they can be, are amazing. I really do not regret spending so much time in PV, because I think they really did appreciate the commitment. Friday Zoey brought her violin too, wowing the kids with her skill. Saturday we had a little going away party at Marco´s house, with too much food and some night swimming in the pool. Sunday Jon and I shared my last beach day, and went to see Angels and Demons. Both were perfect. The hellish muggy heat that has been filling PV for the past 10 days disappeared yesterday, leaving it warm and sunny without the massive amounts of sweat. And Angels and Demons was full of amazing explosions and morbid scenes, so I was happy. I really don´t think I could have enjoyed my last week here any more. So, here I end the PV portion of the blog, and am starting a new archaeology focused one, templesofdoom.blogspot.com .

For those of you who have been struck with the urge to visit PV, a couple of recommendations
- Esquina de los Caprichos, best tapas in life
- Playa Punta Negra, great swimming beach
-The zoo. pay extra to play with the baby leopard.
- Benitos pizza. 
- walking all the way through the isla cuale, especially at night, when the cats all come out. 
- watching the fireworks on the malecon
- buying fabulous cheese at rizos, fruit at the market on lazaro cardenas, and enjoying it all with some white wine by your pool. 

ah, what a life it was.............

1 comment: