Sunday, March 29, 2009

Avientame




Laura is come and gone. Time really flew there. She got in on the 17th,  and left the 26th. We had fun, she came to the school with me most of the days she was here, learned quite a bit of spanish (to Jon´s jealous chagrin), and we explored the town some. once, when we were walking down the stairs outside our house, an iguana fell from out of nowhere, landed right at our feet, and then scampered awkwardly away. Fairly irrelevant to the overall story of her trip, but still funny to think about. We hung out by the pool some, made some delicious dinners, watched sex and the city and other girly things of which i have been greatly depraved while living with all boys. One of my favorite things was going shopping for the first time since I have been down here (four months and no shopping! goodness!) Even so, I only spent about $20. Needless to say, it was quite a relief to have a female counterpart if only for a week. 
The next adventure to come is Spring break. We already have plenty of US and Canadian spring breakers around town, but next weekend, the the thousands of inland mexican vacationers are supposed to start popping out of the woodwork. I start my babysitting job next sunday, and rented a car to get to the town. It will be pretty exciting to try to drive here, though nothing compared to trying to drive in Mexico City. Im confident I will make it out alive. Then, after a week of babysitting, Jordan, Jon and I have tickets to Mexico City!! I´m excited to see my dad and sister, and of course the cats. Also, I may finally get to see the Templo Mayor downtown, which i missed the last two times due to meetings with the passport people. Boo. 
Once that trip is over, we only have one week in April, then May and June, and we are finished with the school! It may even be earlier, we had some teachers unexpectedly quit, and several had planned to only stay until the end of May, so there may not be enough staff to finish off the year. But we will see. 
Yoga may be in my future as well. In my attempts to keep myself busy, I have plenty of ideas but when trying to decide which to do, none ever seem to get done. Well, tomorrow is a new week. 

1 comment:

  1. You will need yoga after driving in Mexico :/ Ack I need yoga just thinking about it....my husband still drives Mexico style up here.....lol good luck!

    ReplyDelete